Today we’ve been celebrated my friend Lisa’s birthday. There was a lot of yummy home made Swedish fika. I think all Swedes are baking chocolate balls every now and than. Easy to make with your kids!
Swedish Chocolate balls
- (100g) 7 tbsp of a stick butter (I always use Kerrygold Irish butter or Plugra european style butter, that’s real butter made from only cream and taste better!!)
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp strong coffee (cold)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- Coconut flakes
- Mix all ingredients, except for the coconut flakes, with your hands in a bowl or food processor.
- The batter should be easy to roll and not too sticky, you can adjust consistency with oats or coffee.
- Roll batter into about 25 small balls and roll them in coconut flakes or sprinkles. If you want them perfectly round, put the batter in the freezer for 10min or the fridge for about 20min.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours before eating. Enjoy!!